ASTAROTH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Tanking classes

+2
Darcwar
Junik
6 posters

Go down

Tanking classes Empty Tanking classes

Post by Junik Wed 22 Nov - 14:57

Do something with tanking classes like paladin.DKs and warriors seriously. The only usefull tanking class is just druid right now. Everybody plays it and it's really difficult to find tank for lower tier raids. For example I'm stuck at X5 because we can't find tank,all of them are in higher tiers and don't want to help us(why should they? there's nothing interisting/usefull for them). Same goes for lower tiers like X1-X3,a lot of people play paladin but they get 1shoted by bosses and druids with same or lower gear can tank bosses even without healers. I know this could bring huge unbalance to PvP but seriously something has to be done. Holyform+frost presence gives you some dmg reduce but it's nothing compared with druids. I don't want nerf of Druids! I want more choices of tanking classes and not just one.

Ideas(by me and guild mates):
1) Adding some absorb/tanking spells to spell vendor. - Well might be problem in pvp.
2) Nerfing bosses to make tank classes more balanced. - I guess this would take some time,rebalance tanking classes and ALL raids.
3) Make shields more powerfull and usefull for tanking. - This could be right way but dmg of bosses still might be problem.
Feel free to add some suggestions and ideas.

Junik

Back to top Go down

Tanking classes Empty Re: Tanking classes

Post by Darcwar Wed 22 Nov - 16:56

Tbh i think the 3rd one is a good idea, i mean the armor was already nerf because it was too strong but i don't think you can block any dmg with them.

Gotta up the shields i guess.
Darcwar
Darcwar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sekaii Wed 22 Nov - 17:15

Yeah but for exemple Sham will be powerfull too like Pala and War
Sekaii
Sekaii

http://www.999.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Junik Wed 22 Nov - 17:27

Sekaii wrote:Yeah but for exemple Sham will be powerfull too like Pala and War
Can be solved by making class only(pala,war)for ap shields.

Junik

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcwar Thu 23 Nov - 13:15

Why would they be OP if you just increase the block stat ?
If you can block like 20% dmg from a random pve hit then it should be alright in pvp & help in pve.
Darcwar
Darcwar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sekaii Thu 23 Nov - 13:39

It will affect the PvP.

And like for all Ultra Fun, the boss doesn't have real strat, you don't have to avoid something, do something in the fight, so the boss is hard just cuz to auto attack and for that you always need a rogue or druid. But maybe with the improve of Spell Master some PvE spell for have a better tanking will be available.
Sekaii
Sekaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Conshade Sat 25 Nov - 14:52

I think the biggest issue is avoidance. Druid benefits greatly from dodge compared to any other tanking classes. There are no items with for example defensive rating for warriors and paladins. The stats i essential for those tanking classes to be viable. Only reason druids succeed at tanking is that they can get so much dodge. So think the solution would be to introduce tanking PvE items... with less AP perhaps more Stam and some avoidance stats. Would be a huge project, but honestly, it would make things so much more fun in PvE.

Conshade

Back to top Go down

Post by Junik Sun 26 Nov - 9:22

Avoidence,parry or block is problem once they get gear around X3-X4. The problem is druids absorb/reduce a lot of dmg by default but other tanking classes has to buy absorb/dmg reduce spells from spellmaster. That's unfair and even with all absorb/dmg reduce spells druids would absorb more dmg. Some druids are not even using bear form for tanking because of high dodge. I give you example,I could have for example 60% dodge rating with my paladin and boss could be lucky,hit me just 2 times in row(2 times because of Ardent Defender talent) and I'm dead. Druid could have around 30% but thanks to absorb/dmg reduce spells(class spells/talents) he would be able to tank it without problems with healer ofc or seal of light. We can't nerf druids,it would need rework of all instances I guess because their dmg is calculated for druid tanks with high absorbs. Much easier would be get other tanking classes on their level of tanking. How? That's the question,some druids talents/spells for tanking? Shields could have default absorb passive spell or dmg reduce spell?

Junik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sekaii Sun 26 Nov - 10:54

Sekaii wrote:

And like for all Ultra Fun, the boss doesn't have real strat, you don't have to avoid something, do something in the fight, so the boss is hard just cuz to auto attack and for that you always need a rogue or druid. But maybe with the improve of Spell Master some PvE spell for have a better tanking will be available.

^.^
Sekaii
Sekaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Junik Tue 28 Nov - 12:37

I'd like to see some answers from staff members or their opinion. I guess it's really important topic and could bring more fun to PvE.

Junik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sekaii Tue 28 Nov - 17:17

The PvE is fun when u have to achiev something hard, not kill a boss who don't moove.
Sekaii
Sekaii

Back to top Go down

Post by Junik Tue 28 Nov - 18:26

Sekaii wrote:The PvE is fun when u have to achiev something hard, not kill a boss who don't moove.

I don't expect this kind of difficulty on free server and I must admit pve is not so boring here like other servers with high stats have. At least you get hit and need healers and tank.

Junik

Back to top Go down

Post by Kata Mon 4 Dec - 2:27

Hello,

Actually, we have found a solution to this issue.

We will work on different gear to up the tanking classes on PVE Only (not for the PVP).

I'll let this post open to give you more information on the advancement of this solution and let you give us your feedback.

Kata,
Head Game Master's
Kata
Kata

Back to top Go down

Post by mass944 Fri 15 Dec - 15:28

Please dont forget DK's. We can't use shields. But maybe adding some strength to items or DK special strenght buff may make us tank too.

mass944

Back to top Go down

Post by Junik Fri 15 Dec - 15:57

mass944 wrote:Please dont forget DK's. We can't use shields. But maybe adding some strength to items or DK special strenght buff may make us tank too.
¨

Adding strenght would make them too powerfull. Make tanking gear only plate so druids can't use them,they're already too good.

Junik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down