ASTAROTH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Suggestion on how shields could be more viable

5 posters

Go down

Suggestion on how shields could be more viable Empty Suggestion on how shields could be more viable

Post by faction10 Sat 3 Feb - 10:57

Hello I'm Trainblue

I have been a bit annoyed about some stats here and there but one thing that really bothers me is why does shields have so low defensive stats. They have half the stats of a 2 handed weapon which I really do not understand. A shield is supposed to have more stamina more resilience more everything that goes under the category of "Defensive Stats". I think that the stats on shield should be changed so there would be a proper reason for people to actually dedicate themselves to fx, healers (resto shamans need alot of defensive Stats since they don't have as many defensive skills as a holy paladin).

Gear stats:
-------
(2 Handed Spell Caster Mace)
[Attack Damage 520800-868000 (Speed 2.90)
Stamina: 320000
Sockets: 3
Resiliance: 300
Haste: 400
Spell Power: 428800]
-------
(Spell Power Shield)
[Armor: 11000
Block: 550
Stamina: 320000 (Should be increased to 400000-450000)
Sockets: 2 (Increased to 3)
Resiliance: 150 (Should be increased to 300-350)
Haste: 200 (Should be increased to 300)
Spell Power: 214400
On Use Effect: Shields the caster for X, and immune to fear and snare effects for 4 secs.]
-------
Stats are shoule be the same for both melee and spell caster ofcause.
These stat changes would make shields way more viable, since you actually get something for losing 200k spell power and some melee dmg.

All in all going for a shield isn't good since you almost lose more than you get, the only good thing about shields as it stands right now, is the armor which sadly can be counter played if you just stack armor pen.

Hope that this will be considered and maybe changed in the future so we see more dedicated healers that wanna go for a tanky build and not just go for as much spell power they can get.

- Trainblue

Last edited by faction10 on Sat 3 Feb - 18:55; edited 3 times in total

faction10

Back to top Go down

Suggestion on how shields could be more viable Empty Re: Suggestion on how shields could be more viable

Post by molochjustice Sat 3 Feb - 11:40

do same for off hands
molochjustice
molochjustice

Back to top Go down

Suggestion on how shields could be more viable Empty Re: Suggestion on how shields could be more viable

Post by faction10 Sat 3 Feb - 12:09

If there was to be changes for off hand i would do it another way. Since they are not made for tanking/ defense but aggresive play.

Maybe add some int to them and give them the same spell power as a 2h but not more stamina. My version of a off hand would look like this:

(Spell Power Off-hand)
[Armor: 5500
Stamina: 320000 ( Should be lowered since it's a item more used for SP than defensive stats; 280000)
Int: 0 (Increased to 100000)
Sockets: 2 (Increased to 3)
Resiliance: 150 (Increased to 250)
Haste: 200 (Increased to 400)
Spell Power: 214400 (Increased to 428800)]

This is just numbers that i would see fit and that i would think could balance out off hand abit more, so its used as intended.

My post is still about shields, since i dont have much background knowledge as of to buffing off hand.

- Trainblue

faction10

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyjaa Sat 3 Feb - 17:38

Hello I'd suggest since Priests/Warlocks/Mages can't equip 2handed mace while Druids/Shamans benefit from it,and I could say that gap between offhand stats and 2handed Mace provides quite boost.Also other solution is to add it as scroll to CPS' NPC which teaches u how to use 2handed mace.. I guess its quite noticeable that Casters/Ranged classes don't benefit as much as Meele classes from the CPS spells. Еxample : at level 40 cps meele obtainable Flametongue while ranged Earthshield can u compare them ?.And from all ranged classes i can say that Mage is most fuc***up because already have IceArmor/Mage armor/Icy Veins which those 3 spells that i just named i could say they are most valuable for Ranged/Casters . So it seems they will rely on Earthshield and ExpensiveMind(gnome Racial gives 5% intellect) but HEY they don't have almost any intellect .. <regards>

Last edited by Freyjaa on Sun 4 Feb - 17:23; edited 1 time in total

Freyjaa

Back to top Go down

Post by faction10 Sat 3 Feb - 22:44

If other people got suggestions please make a new post about it, since this post is simply about the state of how shields work. I'm certain that your suggestion will have a higher chance to be heard if you make a seperate post instead of posting in here, on my post.

- Trainblue

faction10

Back to top Go down

Post by HelloItsMe Sun 4 Feb - 9:22

Freyjaa wrote:Hello I'd suggest makin available equiping 2x 2handed staff since Priests/Warlocks/Mages can't equip 2handed..
Read Titan's Grip tooltip, they can't make it available to equip 2x 2handed staff. Just my 2 cents.

HelloItsMe

Back to top Go down

Post by faction10 Fri 9 Feb - 10:21

Would like to hear the opinion of a staff member on this? Or do they not look at these suggestions. Atleast a i dont like the idea is nice lol.

faction10

Back to top Go down

Post by fogftw Fri 9 Feb - 17:48

Freyjaa wrote: I guess its quite noticeable that Casters/Ranged classes don't benefit as much as Meele classes from the CPS spells. Еxample : at level 40 cps meele obtainable Flametongue while ranged Earthshield can u compare them ?

^^add more spells to buy and/or some buffs for sp classes

fogftw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down